Medical Ultrasound Therapy
- Cavitation-Based Treatment of bacteria and tissue.
Medical Ultrasound Bioeffects
- Asses risk to healthy tissue from medical imaging applications.
- Quality control issues with medical ultrasound equipment.
Medical Ultrasound Tissue Characterization
- Attenuation estimation to allow for accurate prediction of characteristic scattering size and acoustic concentration of biological tissue.
- Laser-based ultrasound for defect detection and characterization in manufacturing applications.
Timothy A. Bigelow
Funded Research Sponsors
- Noninvasive Therapy, Medical Imaging, Biofilms, Bacteria, Histotripsy
Recognitions, Awards & Patents
- Fellow, American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM)
- American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine Presidential Recognition Award
- Warren B. Boast Undergraduate Teaching Award in Electrical and Computer Engineering