- Associate Scientist
Main Office183 ASC II, Applied Sciences Complex
- Iowa State University, Ames, IA, Materials Science and Engineering, PhD 2015
- Iowa State University, Ames, IA, Materials Engineering, B.S 2002
- Maryville University of St. Louis, St. Louis, MO, Secondary Education, M.S. 1996
- Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, IL, Secondary Education, Sp.Cert. 1990
- Iowa State University, Ames, IA, Farm Operation, B.S. 1985
- Materials Testing
- Eddy Current (EC)
- Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI)
- Fluorescent Penetrant Inspection (FPI)
- Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR)
- Develop applications for nondestructive evaluation for use in agriculture and civil infrastructure, with a primarily focus on ground penetrating radar, but utilizing other NDE techniques as well when appropriate
- Expand upon existing and develop new, collaborative efforts with colleagues in the areas of agriculture and civil infrastructure as they relate to nondestructive evaluation
- Interact with students in areas traditionally not exposed to nondestructive evaluation techniques to enhance their knowledge and understanding of how NDE can be used both in manufacturing and in-service applications
Brief BiographyProfessional Academic Experience:
- 2016-Present: Center for Nondestructive Evaluation, Ames, IA, Associate Scientist
- 2006-Present: FAA Aeronautical Center, Oklahoma City, OK, Course Instructor for NDE
- 2001-2016: Center for Nondestructive Evaluation, Ames, IA, Assistant Scientist III
- 1990-1999: Secondary Education Physics and Chemistry Instructor
- 1985-1988: Iowa Grain Farmer
- Eisenmann, David, Frank J. Margetan,-P. Chiou, Shelby Ellis, Tongge Huang, and Jern Yang Tan. “Effects of Position, Orientation, and Metal Loss on GPR Signals from Structural Rebar” Submitted to: 43RD ANNUAL REVIEW OF PROGRESS IN QUANTITATIVE NONDESTRUCTIVE EVALUATION vol. 1806, p. 080005. AIP Publishing, 2017.
- Eisenmann, David, Frank J. Margetan, Lucas Koester, and Dwight Clayton. "Inspection of a large concrete block containing embedded defects using ground penetrating radar." In 42ND ANNUAL REVIEW OF PROGRESS IN QUANTITATIVE NONDESTRUCTIVE EVALUATION: Incorporating the 6th European-American Workshop on Reliability of NDE, vol. 1706, p. 020014. AIP Publishing, 2016.
- Eisenmann, David, Frank J. Margetan, and Brittney Pavel. "GPR measurements of attenuation in concrete." In 41ST ANNUAL REVIEW OF PROGRESS IN QUANTITATIVE NONDESTRUCTIVE EVALUATION: Volume 34, vol. 1650, pp. 114-121. AIP Publishing, 2015.
- Eisenmann, David, F. J. Margetan, C-P. Chiou, Ron Roberts, and Scott Wendt. "Progress in quantitative GPR development at CNDE." In 40TH ANNUAL REVIEW OF PROGRESS IN QUANTITATIVE NONDESTRUCTIVE EVALUATION: Incorporating the 10th International Conference on Barkhausen Noise and Micromagnetic Testing, vol. 1581, no. 1, pp. 1552-1559. AIP Publishing, 2014.
- Eisenmann, David J., Frank J. Margetan, Chien-Ping T. Chou, Ronald A. Roberts, and Scott E. Wendt. "Ground penetrating radar applied to rebar corrosion inspection." In 39TH ANNUAL REVIEW OF PROGRESS IN QUANTITATIVE NONDESTRUCTIVE EVALUATION: Volume 32, vol. 1511, pp. 1341-1348. AIP Publishing 2013.
- Eisenmann, David, Frank J. Margetan, Lucas Koester, and Dwight Clayton, “Inspection of a Large Concrete Block Containing Embedded Defects Using Ground Penetrating Radar” ORNL Final Report, 2015, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Jensen, Terrance C., Scott E. Wendt, Joseph N. Gray, Chester CH Lo, Frank J. Margetan, David J. Eisenmann, Norio Nakagawa, and Lisa H. Brasche. "Feasibility Study for Detection and Quantification of Corrosion in Bridge Barrier Rails", 2013, Iowa Department of Transportation