Main OfficeApplied Science II
- Ph.D. Engineering Mechanics, Iowa State University, 2014
- M. S. Engineering Mechanics, Iowa State University, 2011
- B. E. Mechanical Engineering, Anna University, 2009
- Nonlinear and linear ultrasonics
- Nondestructive Material characterization
- Wave propagation in anisotropic media
- Finite element modeling of wave propagation
- NDE of aerospace structures
- Composite materials
- S. K. Chakrapani, D. Barnard, V. Dayal, “Influence of fiber orientation on the inherent acoustic nonlinearity in carbon fiber reinforced composites”, J. Acoust. Soc. Am, accepted publication, Feb 2015.
- S. K. Chakrapani, V. Dayal, D. Barnard, R. Krafka, A. Eldal, “ Nondestructive testing of wind turbine blades using air ultrasonics”, Materials Evaluation, accepted for publication, June 2015.
- S. K. Chakrapani, V. Dayal, “The interaction of Rayleigh waves with delaminations in composite laminates”, J. Acoust. Soc. Am. Vol. 135, Issue. 5, pp: 2646-265