- Associate Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering
Main Office255D ASCII
Phone: (515) 294-4177
- B.S. Electrical Engineering (1998 – Colorado State)
- M.S. Electrical Engineering (2001 – U of Illinois)
- Ph.D. Electrical Engineering (2004 – U of Illinois)
- Combine ultrasound and microwave evaluation of materials for improved and more efficient material/defect characterization.
- See technological advances in the laboratory be implemented in an impactful way.
- Y. Labyed and T.A. Bigelow, “A theoretical comparison of attenuation measurement techniques from backscattered ultrasound echoes”, J. Acoust. Soc. Am., 129, 2316-2324 (2011)
- T.A. Bigelow and W.D. O’Brien Jr., “Scatterer size estimation in pulse-echo ultrasound using focused sources: Theoretical approximations and simulation analysis”, J. Acoust. Soc. Am., 116, 578-593 (2004)
- N. Qaddoumi, T.A. Bigelow, R. Zoughi, L. Brown, and M. Novack, “Reduction of sensitivity to surface roughness and slight standoff variations in microwave testing of thick composite structures”, Materials Evaluation, 60, 165-170 (2002)